At Upshift we offer professional bike fitting. Upshift utilizes Retul bike fitting technology and tools as a guide in making objective and comprehensive bike fit decisions.
Why focus on bike fit?
A proper bike fit is essential for optimal performance, efficiency, injury prevention and comfort on the bike, and will provide a rider with the most economic means of expending energy. A proper bike fit will also prevent pain that is common in the knee, hip, and lower back, particularly with riders who are trying to adapt their bodies to the bike they already have purchased.
What is unique about the way Upshift does bike fitting with Retul technology?
Retül uses a cycling-specific 3D motion capture system that reads a rider’s movements while he or she is pedaling on the bike, and records all three planes of movement (3D). This type of data reflects how a rider actually rides a bike and cannot accurately be captured with 2D video, static fitting, or eyeball fitting. Retül’s dynamic fit tools allow a bike fitter to make fast and easy adjustments to a rider’s position using objective and highly accurate fit data to guide the changes.
Is Retül effective for different types of riders?
Bike fit decisions should be made while considering the individual goals, biomechanics, strengths and limitations of each rider. From professional athletes, to competitive age-groupers to recreational riders and commuters, every cyclist will benefit from a proper bike fit. Retül tools and technology can be applied to road, mountain and TT/tri riding positions.
Upshift Bike Fitting Rates
Road, Mountain bikes and Triathlon bikes.
Time: 2-2.5 Hours
- R950 for a single fitting.
- Additional bike fitting at R650 when bikes are fit consecutively. For example Road bike and Mountain bike back to back.
- Detailed rider interview.
- Comprehensive body analysis.
- Cleat/shoe assessment. Adjustments and recommendations, as needed
- Initial real time data captures with Retül’s 3D dynamic motion capture
- Review of initial Retül data captures
- Bike fit adjustments and equipment recommendations
- Additional data capture(s) with Retül
What to bring to the fitting session.
- Bike (must be clean).
- Cycling shoes (Cleats must be in proper working/adjustable condition).
- Proper cycling clothing.
- Skin must be smooth and clean without lotion.
After the fitting session you will receive.
- Before and After adjustments Zin of bike report.
- Final Upshift (Retül) Fit report.
- Bike and Rider fit definition sheets.
- Before and after photographs.
Book a fitting