Alerts You To Vehicles Approaching From Behind
- First radar system for bikes that warns of vehicles approaching from behind up to 150 yards (140 meters)
- Works independently and wirelessly integrates with compatible Edge® cycling computers1
- Edge computer or Varia head unit can detect multiple vehicles and indicates the relative speed of approach and threat level
- Rear light unit brightens and flashes to notify approaching traffic of a cyclist ahead
Varia rearview radar from Garmin helps create a safer cycling environment by warning cyclists of vehicles approaching from behind up to 150 yards (140 meters). The radar rear light also warns approaching vehicles of a cyclist ahead. Works independently or integrates seamlessly with compatible Edge cycling computers1. Edge computer or Varia head unit can show multiple approaching vehicles and indicates the relative speed of approach and threat level.
Getting Hit From Behind Is A Leading Cause Of Cycling Fatalities
The threat is real. That's why getting some extra help knowing what's sneaking up behind you is an important breakthrough. You already use caution and check over your shoulder, especially before making turns, but Varia radar gives you an important tool by watching behind you even when you aren't.
Varia Bike Lights Are Smarter Than The Typical Bike Light
The Varia line of cycling awareness products also includes Varia smart headlights and rear lights. When paired with select Edge bike computers1, these bike lights help to create safer riding conditions by adjusting the beam focus point according to a bike's speed and matching brightness to changing light conditions. As speed increases, the headlight focuses further down the road to project light to where it's needed most and brings it closer as you slow. As ambient light fades or gets brighter, both the headlight and rear light adjust automatically when paired with a light-sensing Edge 1000 bike computer.
1Compatible with Edge® 1000, Edge® 25, Edge® 5102, Edge® 520, Edge® 8102, Edge® Touring.
2Pending future software updates
Varia Bike Radar Bundle
Dimensions: Radar display unit: 6.0 cm x 3.4 cm x 1.9 cm
Dimensions: Rear light: 2.9" x 1.7" x 0.9" (7.3 cm x 4.4 cm x 2.3 cm)
Weight: Radar display unit: 1.0 oz (28.5 g); Rear light: 2.2 oz (63.5 g)
Modes: solid, flashing
Lux (headlight use only): N/A
Battery life (high power mode): 4 hours
Water rating: IPX7
What's in the Box
- Varia radar display unit (RDU)
- Varia radar rear light (RTL 500)
- Stem mount
- Varia seat-post quarter-turn mount
- Varia universal seat-post quarter-turn mount
- microUSB cable
We Also Recommend